30 Nov 21 - COVID VACCIATIONS (update)
A series of changes have been announced by the government, amid concerns about a new Covid variant:
- 18- to 39-year-olds will be offered booster jabs
- Boosters will be prioritised according to age and for at risk groups
- The minimum gap between receiving a second Covid vaccine dose and booster will be halved to three months
- Children aged 12 to 15 will be offered a second dose, three months after the first
- Severely immunosuppressed people will be offered a fourth dose of the vaccine, as a booster
- The booster will either be the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine (Pfizer only at The Desborough Suite)
PLEASE NOTE THESE CHANGES WILL BE PHASED IN OVER THE COMING WEEKS AND DO TAKE EFFECT IMMEDIATELY. PLEASE WAIT FOR YOUR INVITE FROM THE SURGERY AND DO NOT CALL RECEPTION AS THEY WILL BE UNABLE TO BOOK ANYONE IN THE NEWLY ELIGIBLE GROUPS YET.
Important information for patients about GP appointments.
To protect our patients, staff and local community we are changing the way patients access our services. Patients with internet access please use the eConsult function below and we will be in contact with you by 6pm the following working day. For more urgent queries please call the practice. You may have to wait a long time on the telephone. If you have an emergency you should still call 999.
Prescriptions. We are not taking prescription requests at the practice. You can use your local pharmacy, or online access to make requests for current repeat prescriptions. Medications which have not been ordered routinely for some time will not be issued via your pharmacy and should be requested via eConsult so that they can be properly reviewed. Just-in-case medications will only be issued in exceptional circumstances.
Disputes with employers. We cannot give opinions on whether or not is safe for employees to return to work - this is a matter for you and your employer. The NHS does not provide occupational health services for employers.
For the NHS 111 Coronavirus digital triage follow this link: https://111.nhs.uk/service/covid-19